Now that I am a member of the Taste of Home magazine team I get the inside track of upcoming recipe contests which I am excited to be able to share with you, my loyal readers. The first deadline of the 8 recipe contests is coming up really soon on July 31 for Spring Slow Cooker Recipes and a top prize of $500! The criteria for all of the contests is that the recipes should have 12 ingredients or less so keep that in mind when submitting your latest creative endeavor to www.tasteofhome.com/Contests/Recipe-Contests.
Here are the 8 recipe contests with their criteria, deadlines and top prizes:
1. Spring Slow Cooker, contest deadline – July 31, 2013. Top prize of $500: Taste of Home is looking for your spring specialties from the slow cooker, featuring bubbling main dishes, appetizers, side dishes and desserts using the season’s best ingredients. Stick to 12 ingredients or fewer, please.
2. Healthy Cooking, contest deadline – August 12, 2013. Top Prize of $2,000!: Send in your winning healthy recipes and you may take home a grand prize of $2,000 along with the chance to have your recipe showcased in Taste of Home. Appetizers, soups, salads, breads, main dishes, sandwiches, cookies and, of course, desserts – no recipe is off-limits. Stick to 12 ingredients or fewer, please.
3. Canning and Preserving, contest deadline – August 23, 2013. Top Prize of $2,000!: Fruits, vegetables and fesh herbs are dream ingredients for canning and preserving the flavors of summer. And jams, marmalades, salsas, pickled veggies and relishes – using any and all of these delicious ingredients – are just what Taste of Home is looking for. Or, if you have the very best recipe for fruit in syrup, chutney or compote, send that in too! Recipes should have 12 ingredients or fewer.
4. Make and Freeze, contest deadline – September 27, 2013. Top Prize of $1,000!: Are you the queen or king of fabulous freezer meals? Do you get a kick out of planning meals for the week ahead and ways to get them from freezer to table in mere minutes? Taste of Home has the contest for you! They are looking for your greatest weeknight easy-to-freeze recipes, made with 12 ingredients or fewer, using beef, pork, chicken or turkey.
5. Homemade in a Hurry, contest deadline – September 30, 2013. Top Prize of $500: What can you toss together in 30 minutes or less that your family and friends love? Taste of Home is looking for homemade dishes that are fast, tasty and light on the shopping list. Enter your recipe that’s ready in half an hour, and you could win $500 and the spotlight in a future issue of Taste of Home.
6. Halloween Party Foods, contest deadline – October 25, 2013. Top Prize of $1,000: Taste of Home is looking for foods to create hauntingly fun Halloween parties for kids and grownups alike! Get in the spirit and scare up your favorite ghoulishly great Halloween-themed drink, appetizer, main dish, side dish and dessert recipes. Remember to keep your frightfully good recipes at 12 ingredients or fewer, please.
7. Fall Harvest, contest deadline – November 11, 2013. Top Prize of $500: Like Linus in the pumpkin patch, Taste of Home is looking for a great pumpkin and other Autumn recipes. Bring out the sweet potatoes, cabbage, squash, apples, pecans, cranberries and other fall favorites. Have you got a hearty recipe for potlucks or family gatherings? A seasonal veggie stew? A comfort supper? Send them your best fall harvest recipe with 12 ingredients or fewer, and tell them why you love it.
8. One Pot Meals, contest deadline – November 25, 2013. Top Prize of $500: Here’s your chance to showcase your favorite meal prepared in a single pot, start to finish (stick to 12 ingredients or fewer, please), and share the story behind it. The skies the limit – show Taste of Home your Stovetop Suppers, Casseroles, Slow Cooker Creations, Soups and Stews and Dutch Oven Dinners.
Phew! That is a huge amount of prize money being offered. Good luck to everyone who enters at www.tasteofhome.com/Contests/Recipe-Contests.